What should you consider for kitchen cabinet for remodeling?July 18, 2019
What aluminum alloy is used to cast computer hard-drive shells?July 19, 2019
Today we will tell you about the installation of glass to glass hinge.
- Preparing tools. Special installation tools are prepared before installation, such as tape ruler/horizontal ruler for measurement, woodworking pencil for line drawing and positioning, woodworking opener/pistol drill for whole opening, screwdriver for fixing, etc.
- Line drawing and positioning. Firstly, the measuring board or woodworking pencil is used to mark and locate the hole (the drilling edge is usually 5 mm), and then the pistol drill or woodworking opener is used to drill 35 mm reaming cup mounting hole on the door board. The drilling depth is generally 12 mm.
- Fixed hinge cup (hinge product). Fix the hinge cup in the hinge cup hole of the entry plate of the hinge sleeve and fix the hinge cup with self-tapping screw.
- Fixed base. After the glass to glass hinge is embedded in the cup hole of the door plate, the hinge is opened, then the hinge is inserted into and aligned with the side plate, and the base is fixed with a self-tapping screw.
- Debugging effect. Finally, open and close the cabinet door to test the effect. General hinge can be six-way adjustment, up and down alignment, two doors around moderate, the most ideal effect of the cabinet door debugging, installation after closing the gap is generally 2 mm.
Notices for Installation of glass to glass hinge:
- Pay attention to the installation location and quantity. In theory, the bigger the distance between the two hinge pages, the stronger the bearing capacity. Of course, this also needs to consider the actual situation. The heavier the door is, the three hinge pages can be used, and the general door can use two hinge pages.
- Prevent falling fan. Falling fan refers to the poor installation of doors and windows leading to the gradual increase of the upper clearance and the gradual decrease of the lower clearance, resulting in poor switching, and in serious cases will fall off. Usually, this may be due to the selection of too small specifications of the page, or the lack of matching screw.
- Hold the gap distance. The gap between the hinge and the door plate must be well grasped, otherwise the appearance will be ugly, the gap between the door plate is 3-5MM, and the expansion joint should be left.
- Make sure the fittings match. Does the hinge slot match the height, width and thickness of the hinge? Whether the hinge matches the bolts and fasteners connected with it. The connection mode of hinges should match the material of frames and fans, such as the hinge used for steel frame wood doors, one side connected with steel frames is welded, and the other side connected with wooden doors and fans is fixed with wooden bolts.
Above is the introduction of the method of glass to glass hinge installation. After reading the short steps mentioned above, do you find that the installation of hinges is actually very simple? So even if there are different kinds of hinges, you can generally understand the installation skills by combining the above introduction and instructions.